Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Book - Chapter Two


The reason for my book relates to my passion, communication and finding your own voice in the middle of the world whipping around you every day. It's not a 'How To' guide. But maybe it's a 'How Not To' lose your voice. You see, it's an autobiography of my life's journey.

And if you knew me well, you might realize how much there really is to tell and what I will not be able to share due to political officials, current and past.

It took me about two weeks to complete Chapter One...or so I thought. I re-read it five months ago and edited and updated details that were pertinent to the story. It took me until yesterday to have the courage to re-open my file and begin to write Chapter Two.

You see, when I mentioned that the book is more about how not to lose your voice, I ended up not having a voice in many things that happened to me in many, many ways. From the very beginning when I was born, I was considered a blessing and a gift. But in truth I was a type of gift that was supposed to restore happiness and health to my parents.

As you can imagine, that didn't happen. But what did was much worse and far from any manipulation I could have ever seen coming as a young girl, in my teens and well into my twenties and thirties.

I'll get there. I have a very wonderful woman, former Dean of the White House Press Corps., Helen Thomas who believes in me as do some really wonderful friends. The thing I fear most? I'll have to come back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment