Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Book - One Step At A Time

When writing this book, well, all I can tell you is that my short stories come by way of memories cut by shards of glass. One minute life is happening as normal and the next a flood of memories or one single incident walks in front of me from the past as if it were literally happening all over again.

I do spend time writing about specific events that include visiting the White House, shaking hands with a U.S. President and growing up with no family for most of my life. I suppose in my instance, writing my story is not an easy task. And being asked time and time again why I would write such a book sharing a good deal of unimaginable events, extraordinary circumstances involving well-known political and military officials, my answer continues to remain the same. One's voice should not be taken away from someone so young.

Just one example; a child should not have to worry that the money left to her by her father can be taken away without someone representing the child's best interests reviews the situation. But it did. A man of legal age should not be 'tucking a young teen into bed' every night by sitting on the bed she is in for an hour or more 'touching her.' But a man did. But what is so very sad is that a child could be selected as a 'gift' to help a troubled family.

Who was looking after the child all this time? How could this happen? And why did no one stand in for the child to say, 'enough!' I don't want to hear of any boy or girl lose his or her voice again. Yes, it's a lofty goal. But without trying, some of the things I have mentioned here that are detailed in my chapters will again come to life in the lives of other young boys and girls if I don't speak out for those voices who so deserve to be heard. There is much to say and much to learn. I hope you will be able to walk through each chapter with me when the book is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment