Thursday, November 18, 2010

Daddy, Daddy! When Will You Be Home?


I look for you each day but never seem to find where you are.
I miss you so much, Daddy.

The days drag on and the nights are so scary.
I miss you so much, Daddy.

Why did you have to go away,
Past the moon and the stars.

Way up, up so high?
I wonder why I can't see you, Daddy.

I can't find your Superman arms for a hug
And can't feel your night-night kisses to keep me so snug.

I miss you so much, Daddy.

When Will You Be Home?

Author's note:
I never knew my father. I only knew of him. He inspired me to get involved in news, both radio and TV news, to be specific. As my father was a famous national journalist, working to cover the current President of the United States, and always spending hours upon hours at The White House, just in case a breaking story happened, I knew his life took a lot out of him. Though the photo shows my father giving me kisses after a bath and before heading to bed, I don't remember that moment or any moment with him. But it's all that I have. It's all that I will ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment