Friday, November 12, 2010

It still continues....


I am getting closer to the middle of the book now. And yet, there is so much to put down onto a page. Even when the first story is told, it's going to be difficult to fathom that an entirely new journey took place to make this so called, 'White House Life,' anything but glamorous.

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. My boys are getting so big. A 13 year-old and a 9 year-old. I have heard so many times through the years that I should cherish every moment with  my boys because they will grow up so quickly. I love them so very much. But, for now, my eldest changing from a boy into a teenager has been anything but stress free. Good grief! I almost feel like a kid again thinking, 'I can't do anything right.'

Every day that goes by, I am another day closer to finishing this book. I can do it. I have to remember why I am doing it. This is not for myself as much as it is for those who feel silenced, forced to keep quiet. But that won't happen forever. They WILL get their voices back. It is their right. And it soon will be their time.

This is for the little girl in the picture who smiled because she had nothing else left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment